We would like to thank all our patients for their support over the last few weeks. As the situation evolves it is important that we maintain a safe environment for our patients and our staff and to continue delivering services safely. In order to do this it is important that we have safe systems in place to reduce the risk of infection for all and meet the government framework for public places. These systems include the following:
1. We ask that patients do not attend the practice without a prior appointment. If you have an enquiry either call us or email us.
2. Urgent and Routine Appointments can be made on the day only. All appointments will either be via telephone or video initially and then clinically assessed whether a face to face in person contact is required. This will be arranged at a time to maintain minimum footfall at the practice and to reduce the number of people in the practice at any one time.
3. When attending the practice please DO NOT just enter the practice. We have a doorbell so please use this and we will be out to help as soon as it is possible. This is vitally important to minimise the number of people in the practice at any time and to ensure your safety. There will be times that you may have to wait outside unfortunately so please come suitably dressed in case you cannot come straight into the Practice. Also, only attend for your appointment at the allotted time as you will not be able to come in any earlier. We will always aim to run on time, more so than ever now, but emergencies and complications will occur and we ask for your patience. You may be requested to wait outside or in your car until the clinician is free.
4. Prescriptions requests. There are still many people dropping off paper prescription requests which, for the majority, is unnecessary. Please utilise online ordering via our email. Please avoid phoning us to enquire if you prescription is ready if you haven’t already contacted the pharmacy or allowed the allocated time of 2 working days to pass.
5. Collection of prescriptions: Where you have not nominated a local pharmacy we will send to Olton Pharmacy.
6. Certain services are still currently unable to be provided due to increased risks but we will be following national guidelines and restarting these services when instructed to do so.
Once again we thank you for your patience and please remember we are still here to help you when required albeit in a very different delivery style.