It will be very different this year and, as with all years, we will do our best. This year we have had to factor social distancing into our flu schedule, so we will be holding our weekend clinics at St Margarets Church Hall (directly opposite our practice) to ensure that we can operate in a COVID safe way. Our first flu clinic is this Saturday (5/9/20) for those patients over 65 years of age (including anyone who will be 65 by the 31st March 2021). We will have a flu clinic every Saturday in September. With 1500 vaccines for our over 65’s please support us by coming to us for your flu vaccination.
- Appointment only
- Anyone arriving for the clinic should be appropriately dressed to enable an efficient service and easy access to their arm.
- All patients should please bring their own face covering or mask with them and only those receiving the vaccine to attend (1 carer permitted if required)
- Only flu vaccinations will be given in these clinics
- Please do not arrive early or late for your appointment or you may not be seen
- DO NOT attend if you or anyone in your household develops any Coronovirus symptoms or you have been advised to isolate.
If you have not already booked an appointment please call our reception team who will arrange an appointment for you.
We will be inviting those under 65 years old, who are eligible, later in September for dates in October, more information to follow.
This year the flu vaccine is being offered on the NHS to:
- Adults over 65
- People under 65 with certain medical conditions,
- People living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- Children aged 2 and 3 on the 31st August 2020
- Children in primary school (only available via their schools unless in an at risk group)
- Children in Year 7 (only available via their schools unless in an at risk group)
- Frontline health or social care workers
Later in the year (late November, early December) the flu vaccine is expected to be able to be given to people aged 50 to 64 not already in an at risk group. More information should be available later in the Autumn.
Thank you for your support.